Best lawn mower
The size of the Greenworks 25022 is just right. The deck is 20 inches. Its big enough to mow a decent sized lawn but still lets me mow in thous hard to get areas with out the need to use a grass trimmer.
See our full review
Best push mower
The Husqvarna All-Wheel Drive family of mowers allows the user to easily handle hills, thick grass and tough terrain. All-wheel drive technology provides simultaneous power to all 4 wheels giving the operator maximum control and maneuverability. These rugged mowers feature a heavy-duty steel deck and powerful engine options.
See our full review
Top electric mower
The Husqvarna HU725F is a 22-inch front wheel drive self propelled mower which features a 3-in-1 cutting system (mulch, side discharge and rear bag), 190 cc Briggs & Stratton 725EX Series Engine, 7.25 gross torque rating and CARB Compliant.
See our full review
Finding the Right Lawnmower
If you are a homeowner then chances are you are going to require a lawnmower. The type of lawnmower that you'll want may differ, depending on your yard's size. You many require a lawnmower which is perfectly suitable for your yard, depending on its size. There are numerous models and brands of lawnmowers that you could choose from. If you have a rather large yard you may consider obtaining a riding lawnmower. A straightforward push mower is good for those yards which are smaller. There are some factors you have to consider when selecting a lawnmower to buy.
Brands of Lawnmowers
There are some different brands of lawnmowers in the marketplace. The Bosch Rotak 34 lawn mower is a brand of lawnmower that offers an electric push lawnmower. This brand is popular in the UK. In US, one of the most frequent lawnmower and garden tools brand is John Deere. This brand offers lawnmowers of each size and it is possible to get one to fit virtually any budget. Craftsman, Cub Cadet, Dixon, Scott's and Lawn Boy are some other brands of lawnmower a person can choose from.
The Best Lawnmower
There's no best lawn mower for any homeowner. Trying out several lawnmowers might be required before homeowners will find the best lawnmower for their yards. Every lawnmower brand has unique specifications and designs. Several people want to buy a lawnmower which has different features compared to others. Take note that it's very important to buy a lawnmower which has a valid warranty. Lawnmowers may be rather expensive; some push mowers usually cost a hundred dollars but other forms for example riding lawnmowers could cost up to two thoUSAnd dollars. When buying a lawnmower, always be mindful and meticulous; read reviews of the brand which you have chosen.
Caring for Your Lawn
A well-maintained, clean and tidy yard is one more thing which home buyers also consider when searching for a house. Consequently, possessing a lawnmower becomes more important in this case. A house's cleanliness would be the only thing that exceeds a well-maintained yard. Finding the proper lawnmower does not have to be difficult. To assist you narrow down your choices and even find the best choice, you just have to use an online buying guide. It is also a good idea to visit your local hardware stores to find out the different models available. Finding an excellent lawnmower on sale is always a possibility if you know how to shop around.
Lawnmower manufacturers and retailers have, on the whole, made extensive efforts to produce machines that are as safe as possible to use. Even so, ultimately a mower consists of some form of high speed cutting device and inevitably, if you are careless or perhaps unlucky, disaster can arise.
There is no one set of safety instructions that covers all types of such machinery. Each manufacturer will produce a set of safety guidelines relating to a specific make and model. It really does make sense to read these carefully rather than simply throw them into the drawer unopened in your eagerness to get out and use your new piece of equipment.
Cutting It Down With Lawnmower Blades
Lawnmower blades are the most important part of the lawnmower. Sharpening them regularly can enable them to do their job quickly and efficiently. In this article, you will learn how to sharpen your lawnmower blades safely and quickly.
Lawnmower Blades Details
Two different types of steel are used in creating lawnmower blades. One kind of steel is called mild or carbon steel and the other is known as tool steel. Tool steel lawnmower blades stay sharp for a much longer period of time than the other steel and they do not need to be sharpened as frequently. This blade is quite expensive and it must be professionally sharpened. Carbon or mild steel blades are inexpensive and are easier to keep sharpened. It is essential to keep lawnmower blades sharp or the glass blades will tear, rather than being neatly cut. This both looks ugly and causes the grass to grow abnormally, because the grass cannot retain moisture.
DIY Lawnmower Blade Sharpening
In most cases, sharpening your lawnmower blades yourself very simply and easily. It will not take very long either. By following the directions below, you will be able to sharpen the blades of your particular lawnmower. All you need to do is consult your operation manual for directions to remove your lawnmower's blades.
1. The power source needs to be removed from the lawnmower. If your lawnmower is electric, then you simply pull out the wall cord. If it is gasoline powered, then you need to remove the spark plug. A battery operated lawnmower just needs the batteries removed. If you skip this step, you can cause serious injuries to yourself or death.
2. A spanner can help you to remove the blades. Ensure that the spanner does not slip or you may cut yourself.
3. When removing the blades from the lawnmower, you may want to number them so that you can replace them exactly as they were. The balancing weights need to stay attached to the blades or you may find that refitting the blades will be made much more difficult.
4. Place the individual blade in a vice so that you can work on it more easily.
5. Use a file or grinder to sharpen the blade. Sharpen the blade by following the contour of the blade. Check to make sure that they are as sharp as you need, but be careful with your fingers.
6. Replace the blade on the lawnmower including the balancing weight, if any.
7. You can sharpen the blades with them still in position in the lawnmower if you choose. You only have to use a flexible shaft angle grinder. You can save yourself time and energy if you have one of these grinders in your workshop.
8. Use a blade balancer to make sure that the blades are balanced. If the blades are not balanced, then the lawnmower may vibrate.
Take proper care of your lawnmower blades to help make the process of caring for your lawn easier and simpler.